Country or Region: Ghana
Sector: Joint Programming
Client: European Commission
The main objective of this technical assistance was to facilitate the task of the EU+ Development Partners (DPs) involved in Joint Programming (JP) in Ghana of preparing Phase II 2017- 2020. The focus of this strategy will be on consolidating Ghana’s transition as a LMIC. It will also be aligned with the five main objectives outlined in the Long-Term National Development Plan (LTNDP) 2018-2057 and the Medium-Term National Development Plan (MTNDP) 2018-2021.
The team helped the EU Delegation to produce the following outputs:
- A joint analysis of the development challenges and priorities of Ghana as per the Ghana Shared Growth and Development Agenda II and the Long-Term National Development Agenda 2018-2057;
- An overview of the Division of Labour and the degree of synchronisation of EU actors in Ghana;
- An emphasis on the sector priorities of the EU+ in Ghana, where the EU actors share a joint analysis, a joint program and (when possible) joint implementation modalities;
- Mechanisms for annual monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of the EU joint programming Strategy;
- A joint strategy for the visibility of EU development cooperation to Ghana.
This project led to the publication of a document entitled “European Partners working together in Ghana. Joint Co-operation Strategy 2017-2020”.
Click on the following hyperlinks to access additional related content: